Kamath took to X (previously often called Twitter) to speak concerning the pig butchering rip-off.For these unaware, pig butchering rip-off is a sort of on-line fraud that targets victims by emotional manipulation and misleading funding schemes. The scammers usually create pretend social media profiles or on-line relationship profiles to attach with potential victims, usually posing as profitable professionals or potential romantic companions.
Kamath posted an in depth put up on X explaining all concerning the on-line scams.
Learn the whole put up right here
The size of pig butchering scams in India runs into tens of 1000’s of crores. It’s scary how many individuals fall for pretend job provide scams, scammy high-return funding schemes and crypto investments, and so forth.
Because the title implies, a pig butchering rip-off entails fattening the sufferer earlier than butchering. Scammers achieve the belief of customers by utilizing pretend profiles. They use the pretense of affection and friendship to realize the belief of customers after which induce them to ship cash for jobs and high-return investments and steal the cash. These scams are international, and their scope is staggering.
What makes these scams much more merciless is that the particular person scamming is also a sufferer of one other sort of rip-off. Many fall into the lure of worldwide job gives from scammy firms. As soon as overseas, they’re held captive and compelled to rip-off Indians by constructing belief utilizing social media platforms, usually utilizing pretend profiles of the other intercourse.
Try the hyperlink within the feedback of a harrowing story of an Indian who was lured by a world job provide. The particular person was then moved to Myanmar and compelled to commit pig butchering scams on Indians.
It’s important to speak about this often with as many individuals as attainable, given the dimensions of the issue. Everybody round us is a possible sufferer, no matter whether or not they’re educated or not. Fast cash and a job overseas is a honeypot that will get many Indians to behave instinctively.
The Govt. by its cybercrime division, is attempting to struggle & enhance India’s response for which they’re hiring. You may take a look at
Observe these tricks to defend your self
- By no means reply to unknown messages on WhatsApp, social media platforms, and relationship apps.
- If somebody asks you to obtain some new apps or open hyperlinks, that is a purple flag.
- These scams depend on exploiting your feelings, like hopes, fears, goals, and greed. By no means react in a rush.
- Do not panic. Most individuals fall for these scams as a result of they react in a rush.
- When doubtful, go to the closest police station or discuss to a lawyer.
- If somebody guarantees one thing like a job or excessive returns or asks you for cash, it is a purple flag.
- By no means ever share personally identifiable data like your Aadhaar, Passport or your monetary data like financial institution particulars, funding particulars and so forth.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it in all probability is.