New Zealand managed to bowl out Sri Lanka on simply 171 runs whereas fielding first to spice up their World Cup 2023 semifinal qualification hopes on Thursday, November 9. Sri Lanka are in search of a comfort win having already been eradicated from the semifinal race and now are dealing with doubtlessly heartbreaking defeat of their final recreation within the event.
Nevertheless, issues would have been worse for Sri Lanka as they witnessed an embarrassing collapse whereas batting first at Bengaluru’s M Chinnaswamy Stadium. Trent Boult’s early strikes after which spectacular spells from spin all-rounders Mitchell Santner and Rachin Ravindra put Sri Lanka all the way down to 9 wickets with simply 128 runs.
However a sensational 43-run stand for the tenth wicket from Maheesh Theekshana and Dilshan Madhushanka helped Sri Lanka rating 171 runs. Theekshana remained unbeaten on 38 runs off 91 balls whereas Madushanka scored 19 runs off 48 balls. The duo confronted 87 balls for the final wicket and pulled off a document for probably the most balls confronted for the nineteenth wicket in World Cup historical past.
Most balls confronted for a tenth wicket partnership in World Cup historical past:
- 87 balls – Maheesh Theekshana and Dilshan Madhushanka vs New Zealand, Bengaluru, 2023
- 71 balls – Tim de Leede and Jeroen Smits vs England, East London, 2003
- 62 balls – Brad Haddin and Pat Cummins vs New Zealand, Auckland, 2015
- 60 balls – James Franklin and Jeetan Patel vs Sri Lanka, Kingston, 2007
Theekshana has not too long ago proved his batting abilities with spectacular cameos down the order. Theekshana scored his highest ODI rating by including an unbeaten 38 runs at this time and confronted 91 balls to disclaim New Zealand early success. Theekshana has now confronted probably the most balls whereas batting at no.9 place or under in ODI cricket historical past.
Most balls confronted from No.9 or under in an ODI innings in World Cup historical past
- 91* balls – Maheesh Theekshana vs New Zealand, 2023
- 83 balls – Andy Bichel vs New Zealand, 2003
- 82 balls – Imran Khan vs England, 1979
Newest Cricket Information