A toddler died right here in Haryana after ingesting paint thinner, mistaking it for water, police stated on Monday.
Hakshan, one and a half years previous, turned unconscious from an excruciating ache in his abdomen and died whereas he was being taken to a hospital in Gurugram on Sunday, they stated.
The incident was reported from Sohna’s Kothada Raipur village the place Hakshan’s household was attending a wedding ceremony, police stated.
The ceremony was happening at a home, which was painted a couple of weeks in the past, and the thinner was purchased then, they stated.
Hakshan, who was taking part in, drank the thinner, mistaking it for water, police stated and added that he had come to Sohna alongside together with his dad and mom.
“The kid drank the thinner by mistake. We have now lodged a report and brought motion below 174 of the Crpc. The physique has been handed over to his household after postmortem,” Investigating Officer Dharmendra stated. The boy was a resident of Jalalpur village in Haryana’s Palwal district.
(Apart from the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV employees and is printed from a syndicated feed.)